Friday, 28 February 2014

VS 12 Issue – Cannot add SharePoint Project Items to Feature. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


Hi Again,

Today new issue J very small finding but thought to share with all
Problem:
We have SharePoint 2013 and Visual Studio 2012 and I have one feature and I am trying to add module to feature but I couldn’t add it getting following exception



Fig 1 : Exception

 
Googled a bit but no luck L
Solution:
 
Only solution I have found for this issue is to restart the Visual Studio. I restarted the Visual Studio and then could successfully add the module to Feature J if you have faced such issue then please share an experience.
Thanks!

Enjoy reading J
Feel free to comment / feedback if any or if you have any query J

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I had the exact same error message with a SharePoint project, and when I restarted Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, the problem was gone.

Prasham Sabadra said...

Hi, thanks for the update.

Meenakumari said...

Thanks prasham , me too face the same error message in SharePoint project, and when I restarted Visual Studio the problem was gone.

Prasham Sabadra said...

Hi, Thanks!

Prasham Sabadra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just clean and rebuild the solution, then one can able to include project items to feature!!

Regards,
Arjun Koteshwar

rajendra singh said...

Thanks

Prasham Sabadra said...

Welcome Rajendra!

Anonymous said...

I have had a same problem, but in my circumstance i had two project in my solution, one of them was unloaded. When i reload that one, problem is gone

Prasham Sabadra said...

Thanks for Sharing!

Anonymous said...

Me too:

"Anonymous said...
I have had a same problem, but in my circumstance i had two project in my solution, one of them was unloaded. When i reload that one, problem is gone"